When I was younger I had a life plan. By the time I was 23 I was going to be married and have a baby on the way. Oh dear, 10 year old me, what were you thinking? I’m clearly not either, which I’m glad about and would rather not be for quite a few years yet.
Instead of being deeply in love with some poor hopeless fella I have a few other loves, which keep me feeling happy, excited and zen (a word which you will probably be seeing a lot of).
- Plants, Plants, Plants: When you live alone and your landlord doesn’t allow pets, plants are what you turned to, they don’t leave a mess around (not to much anyway), don’t demand hugs, and if you kill them you’re not an evil person.
- Trumpet Sleeves: I love them, they make me feel like a fairy and remind me of when I was younger.
- Purple Eye Shadow: Speaking of when I was younger, from the age of 16 – 19 I lived in it. However now I save it for special occasions because my eyes like to cry for no reason, and purple running down your face isn’t a good look.
- Fresh Flowers: Because they’re pretty and make me happy (but not when they dry up and die, obvs).
- Duck Egg: The only colour other than pink I’ve ever been obsessed with, the colour of my record player, record case and speaker.
- Scented Candles: Because, you know, they smell nice and make me feel zen.
- Freckles: Real freckles, not drawn on. However I don’t really have any, but when I find one I get very excited.
- Bad Hair Days: Good hair days make me sad, shiny and tamed hair is so boring. I like it to look like I’ve just woken up and rolled out of bed, the frizzier the better.
- Sunsets: Once again pretty and makes me feel zen.
- Sunglasses: The weirder the better. Plus I don’t want wrinkles and they make me look mysterious… maybe…
- Making People Laugh: Because I’m funny not because I’m an idiot and embarrass myself, although, better a laugh than a sneer.
- Marina & the Diamonds: Forget Beyonce, this lady is the queen. Every single song is just everything.
- Salty Sea Air: It’s just so clean, and fresh, and home and mmm.
- The Number 4: But only written like this: 4, not like this: four. It’s just my favourite number. End of.
- Being Made to Laugh: It burns sooooooo many calories, which is good because I hate exercise.
- Chocolate: A very good reason to laugh because I may be addicted a bit… or a lot…
- Pink: Like I said, OBSESSED, forever and ever and ever.
- Ed Sheeran: My husband (I wish) and true love, when ever I feel down I stick Ed on and everything is better… I love him.
- Movie Nights: Turning Netflix and YouTube off and putting a proper DVD on. Nine times out of Ten it’s Tangled. BEST FILM EVER!
- Being Still: Zen. Zen. Zen.
- Starting a New Project: Something to do, and concentrate on, and get obsessed with, and basically I like making pretty things… when I get motivated.
- Finishing a Project: “YAY! It’s over, I’ve finished, I’m so proud of myself, now I can go back to doing nothing again.”
- Natural Light: Light, bright and airy. (Plus it’s better for all ma plants man.)
Just thought I’d add that these are in no particular order, but I can tell you that Ed and my plants would be fighting for the top spot.